Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Carpet & Rug Institute. For more information, visit www.beautyofcarpet.com
Happy Holiday season, everyone! Thanksgiving has come and gone, and I’m excited to start decking the halls in our home. Oddly enough, I’ve started in bedrooms! If you missed it, I posted a gorgeous chic Christmas look in my 13 year old’s room last week. This week, I’m tackling the master bedroom. I think I’m naturally drawn to starting in the bedrooms because they’re the coziest rooms in the house. Why? Because they’re carpeted!
We have hardwood throughout our first floor, but I gotta say… I love a carpeted room, and I’m so glad we left everything carpeted upstairs. There’s so many pros!
Benefits of carpet…
- It’s soft underfoot! I don’t know about you guys, but I love getting out of bed and having comfort below. And my younger kids love to wrestle with their dad! Having carpet allows for a comfortable place for playing.
- There are so many stylish options! I hope to purchase new carpet for our bedrooms down the road, and I’m drawn to the idea of shorter pile carpet for easy layering with rugs.
- Noise reduction! Let’s be honest. A family of six (plus a dog) gets loud. I like that carpet traps the noise a bit.
- It’s a healthy choice! There’s a big misconception about living with carpet and how it effects allergies. After doing a bit of research on Carpet & Rug Institute, turns out new carpet is the lowest VOC-emitting flooring choice available. It actually acts as a passive air filter, trapping dust, pollen, and particles- which removes them from the breathing zone.
- It’s a conservation benefit! In colder months, carpet retains warm air longer.
Are those two the cutest, or what? They look so comfy! I’m loving the shimmer and glow of the Christmas tree in our bedroom. Have you been watching the subtle changes over on my Instagram stories? Getting the drapes up on the canopy bed has been quite the trial and error. FYI, if you have a similar bed and you’re looking to incorporate this look as well, I’m linking the hooks I used below…
Scroll and click to shop…
Enjoy the season, friends! Check back for more holiday decorating as I get my act together and accomplish a bit more throughout the house! Thank you to Carpet & Rug Institute for sponsoring this post. I loved learning more about carpet and affirming my decision to keep it on the upper level of my home. Follow the #beautyofcarpet conversation on social media to hear more! And be sure to check out Love Your Abode, Rachel Teodoro, and Michiel Perry to hear all about what they love about carpet too!
AWESOME GIVEAWAY ALERT: Visit www.beautyofcarpet.com for a register for a chance to win a $500 Visa gift card!