It’s Wednesday! Time for another One Room Challenge update! If you missed it, click here to check out WEEK 1 and WEEK 2. To recap, this fall the One Room Challenge has teamed up with High Point Market to bring you a virtual makeover! Twenty featured designers are showing you the evolution of design from start to finish, with a 3D rendering final reveal on November 11th.
I’ve been taking you on a journey with our family room. I showed you the mood board…
… and a rough sketch of a layout change with different furniture placement…
Today, I wanted to talk about how GREAT of a resource High Point Market is! It’s a massive wealth of inspiration for all things interior design. Designers travel from all over to scour the 10 million square feet of show rooms for clients. I’ve gone before, and today I thought I’d give you tips I learned from that experience. I was part of the Design Bloggers’ Tour at Spring HPMKT 2019. You can read my recap of that trip HERE and HERE.
My tips for visiting High Point Market…
- Wear comfy shoes! It’s a LOT of walking!
- Make a plan and narrow down your visits! There are literally thousands of vendors to visit. There’s just no way to see all of them. Do your research ahead of time and make a list of about twenty you’re really interested in seeing.
- Focus on show rooms that have your design aesthetic, or that of the clients you’re shopping for, but definitely sprinkle in a few out of your comfort zone! There’s inspiration everywhere. You never know where a little vignette or display will lead you in the design process.
- Pack snacks and a water bottle! I know this makes it sound like a sporting event, but trust me when I say it pretty much is: for interiors. Lol!
- You may be given lots of packets/brochures/catelogs/samples… and you have the option of having all of that shipped to you! Don’t be afraid to take advantage of that. It’s nice keeping your hands free.
Please let me know if you’ve never been and you have any questions! Or if you have been and you have suggestions to add to this list! In the mean time, visit the other featured designers below to see what they’re up to this week! Next week, I’ll be diving into exactly what I’m using in my virtual space and what HPMKT vendors I’m using. Direct links, coming your way!
Follow us on Instagram: