It’s done! Our master bedroom refresh is complete, as part of the New Year New Room Challenge hosted by Stephanie from Casa Watkins Living. Friends, let this be a great example of small changes making a big impact! I didn’t change a lot. But it was enough to give an entirely different feeling to the space. I love that about interior design! You truly feel something when you walk into a well designed space! To remind you, this was our bedroom before:
It was lovely, but it was very formal, fussy, and ultra feminine. It felt a little stale to me. No true personality. No warmth. I wanted a change from the matching look of the mirrored nightstands. The shag rug wasn’t doing it for me anymore. So my goal was to bring in some wood, some gold, and some vintage pieces to introduce some personality.
And here’s the after! Sink your teeth into these photos, and we’ll talk about it next…
A BEFORE of the mural wall:
Here’s what’s new:
- The nightstands! These are from Home Depot, and I LOVE the added warmth that the wood brings into the space. The gold hardware and legs still give the touch of glam I love!
- The rug! It’s the Circe rug from Mohawk and it is the dreamiest rug ever! It’s incredibly soft under foot, has subtle distressing for a vintage vibe, and the chocolate colors are just so cozy.
- The chairs! Oh my, those chairs. Beautiful, aren’t they? And oh-so-comfy and soft! They’re also from Home Depot. I know, I’ve got four kids and a dog and I went with ivory chairs. But we won’t be eating spaghetti up here, promise;) It’s fine.
- The mural! It’s just what this room needed. A gorgeous landscape scene to bring the outdoors in. You can get details on it HERE.
- The mirrors, lamps, leather bench, and faux olive tree I pulled from other areas of my home.
- THE WINDOWS! You guys, this is my favorite part of this entire makeover! I painted the window panes black using Frogtape® and leftover Tricorn Black paint from my kitchen cabinets, and it brought such a level of sophistication! I’ll be bringing you a separate blog post on this soon! And to top it off, new drapes and rod from Home Depot. These drapes are a buttery, heavy velvet, and I love the airy feeling they bring.
What stayed the same?
There are a few things I talked about changing that didn’t end up happening…
- The chandelier. It’s a beautiful light fixture and technically works “ok” in here. I simply didn’t end up changing it because I couldn’t make my mind up in time. Lol. I still plan on doing so. While it’s lovely, it suits the more formal look that I’m moving away from. And while it’s completely ok to mix metals, I prefer gold to silver in this room.
- The door leading to the bathroom. I had a very a cool one picked out, but unfortunately it wasn’t going to arrive until March, so I put a hold on that for now.
- The bedding. We actually just got this new bedding this past fall and I LOVE it, so I didn’t want to change it. I simply added extra pillows from around the house to mix it up a bit. I like the mix of whites, ivorys, and light putty greys.
- The carpet stains. Lol. If you’ve been following along on Instagram stories, you know that the previous chair legs left awful hot pink stains on the carpet! I tried everything to get them out. Everything. Had to photoshop the stains out of these photos, guys. I’m telling you this because I know so many of you were so kindly invested in this issue I had! Lol! Thank you so much for your suggestions! I came very close to buying a sheepskin rug to layer by the chairs, but just didn’t make it happen. At this point, I’m really hoping for new carpet on our 2020 “to do” list!
Well, friends. There you have it! Please check out all of the other reveals today from the awesome group of people below! So much inspiration… I’m really excited to check them out!
Casa Watkins Living // The Boho Abode // Delineate Your Dwelling // Haneen’s Haven // The Happy Housie // Homemade by Carmona // House by Hoff // Jeweled Interiors // Kaleidoscope Living // Our Fifth House // PMQ for 2 // Rain on a Tin Roof // Southern State of Mind // Taryn Whiteaker // This is Our Bliss // Thou Swell // Up To Date Interiors
Thank you so much to these sponsors…
Shop this post…
Have a question for me? Leave it in the comments, below!
It looks AHMAZING Haneen! Well done!!!
Thank you, Jewel!
Love it! Where are your mirrors from?
Thank you! Those are from Home Goods!
This room looks SO sophisticated, Haneen! I love the colors, the new pieces, and that mural!!! Wowza!!!
Thank you, April! Love your bathroom!!
Looks so beautiful. It amazing what a refresh can do. Know you have me thinking… wonderful job.
Thank you so much for visiting!
Absolutely gorgeous new look!! Everything looks fabulous! I love the new mural!
Thank you! I appreciate you visiting!
This is unbelievably gorgeous! I love the changes – it is so much warmer and all the texture you’ve layered in is incredible. Now I’m feeling inspired to go moody and cozy in my bedroom… truly stunning and a completely magazine worthy design!!
That is so kind of you to say! Thank you!
I can’t handle it! It’s an absolute dream.
Made my day! Thank you!
You’re right, small changes do make a big impact! Looks warm and comforting–just what a bedroom should be. Keep up the good work, and telling/showing us 🙂
Thank you, Tina!
Love, love, love!!!! I love that you didn’t change everything, but the impact is soooo huge. You are amazingly talented!
That means so much! Thank you!
Absolutely beautiful!!!!!! That mural is amazing. The chairs and bedside tables make such an impact.
Thank you so much!
Oh wow! That mural!! I love it all – especially the colors!
Thank you, Jenna! Your room is awesome!
You killed it! Glam is not my style at all, so I am totally obsessed with how you transformed your room! The drapes, the mural, the bench, the nightstands, the rug…I love it all!
Thank you so much! Glad you like it!
It looks wonderful!!!!!
Thank you so much!
This is absolutely stunning!!!
Thank you, Tiffany!
What dresser do you have to go with the night stands? Our dresser will be in the main room with our nightstands and I want them to at least compliment eachother – I love these night stands but do you have a receommended dresser that that would go well with them?
We actually don’t have a dresser! Since the nightstands have three drawers each, we just make do with those! Our closet has shelving as well, so we haven’t had too much of an issue. Great question though- I’m not a fan of matching sets! So I say go with something that looks good with it without matching. Perhaps something black?
Thank you, Sarah!
Haneen, I love your master bedroom refresh! It looks so inviting.
Thank you so much!
OH MY GOSH – WOW! I love how organic and warm it is now. Feels totally inviting and it’s beautiful.
Thank you so much, Corinna!
Means a lot, thank you!
This room is so gorgeous and sophisticated Haneen!! I absolutely love the layers you added and those fabulous chairs in front of the mural. Amazing work!
Thank you so much, Kevin! Your room turned out beautifully!
the whole space is a triumph, but that mural is gorge! Your bed also looks pretty darn cozy too. Well done boo!
This is room is so beautiful, changing out the night stands, chairs and rug made a huge difference and I have to say I love the mural. It’s fabulous!
Thank you so much!
What an amazing room. What is the gray paint color?
Thank you! It’s Benjamin Moore Kendall Charcoal
Love how this room turned out! It’s so warm and inviting, and I LOVE those nightstands!
Thank you so much, Carmel!
LOOOVE! Ok, this is so beyond gorgeous! I love the earthy and sophisticated feel. Those warm and dramatic neutrals are incredible. Another beautiful space, Haneen!!
It’s so elegant! I love what you did with the windows and the mural and furniture picks are gorgeous!
Can you tell me what the paint color is on your accent wall in the bedroom. Looks like a dark charcoal color.
Our bedroom is Benjamin Moore Kendall Charcoal.
This is gorgeous! What color paint and brand are the walls? Love everything about this!
Thank you so much! Walls are Sherwin Williams Functional Gray.
LOVE!!! I need those lamps! Where do you find those???
Thank you! Those are from Home Goods!
I’ve been looking to redo/update our room after moving and this is exactly what I’ve been imagining! How did you get the green curtains hung on the canopy bed??
Glad you like it! I used these hooks sideways … https://rstyle.me/+a03gW4PP196wVggeU6zJdg
It was the lamps for me. Details please . Thanks!
I know it’s an older post however curious about the canopy bed where did you get that?
Hi! I originally found it on Wayfair, I think? But I haven’t seen it online in a long time so I haven’t been able to link it!
This room has been on my pinterest board for a year, and I’m finally ready to do this! I got the rug – which I positively LOVE. We have a similar canopy bed. How did you get the green draperies to stay on there?
Oh yay! Glad you were inspired! I used S hooks I found on Amazon. It was a little tricky- I basically used them horizontally and squeezed them on!
Do you happen to know what paint color this is?
Hello! This is Benjamin Moore Kendall Charcoal
Hello, I am just wondering if you can tell me where you got the upholstered tan bench from please? Thank you
Hi! For some reason I’m having a hard time viewing which post this question is from. Can you please let me know what room/bench you’re speaking of and I’ll get back to you asap! Thank you!
Oops! I see it now! That’s from At Home several years ago.
It’s beautiful! You published this post right before the pandemic, but you absolutely nailed the post-pandemic trends of earthy colors, casual/relaxed feel, and the arched mirrors. You’re cutting edge!
That’s very kind of you to notice! Thank you!
Hi there, where is your black canopy bed frame from?
Hi! I originally found it on Wayfair, but I haven’t seen it recently!
Where’s the bed frame from!?
Hi! Originally from Wayfair, but I haven’t been able to find it recently!