Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Carpet & Rug Institute. For more information, visit www.beautyofcarpet.com
Happy December, everyone! If you celebrate this holiday season, have you decked the halls? I always love adding seasonal touches to the bedrooms. They’re the coziest rooms in the house because they’re carpeted! I can’t wait to share more images of our new carpeting! It was just installed two weeks ago, and it feels SO good! So nice to have fresh carpet in time for the cold winter months.
Benefits of carpet…
- It’s soft underfoot! I don’t know about you guys, but I love getting out of bed and having comfort below. And my younger kids love to wrestle with their dad! Having carpet allows for a comfortable place for playing.
- There are so many stylish options! I’ve been dreaming of a shorter pile carpet with a subtle pattern, and I finally found exactly what we’ve been looking for.
- Noise reduction! Let’s be honest. A family of six (plus a dog) gets loud. I like that carpet traps the noise a bit.
- It’s a healthy choice! There’s a big misconception about living with carpet and how it effects allergies. After doing a bit of research on Carpet & Rug Institute, turns out new carpet is the lowest VOC-emitting flooring choice available. It actually acts as a passive air filter, trapping dust, pollen, and particles- which removes them from the breathing zone.
- Carpet is a conservation benefit! In colder months, carpet retains warm air longer.
Today, I thought I’d share a room I’ve never shown before! We recently did a little switch-a-roo with beds in our house. We brought home the king size bed from the Detroit Show House bedroom I designed, and gave our oldest daughter the black queen canopy bed that was in our room. In all her years, she’s never even had a headboard, so her room got quite the glow up! 🙂 While quarantining, I actually applied Tempaper to the wall her bed is on, in a faux brick pattern. It was such an easy way to amp up some style in her room! All of this, along with the new carpet, gave us a fresh room to add some holiday cheer…
I love the possibilities of decorating when it comes to a canopy bed. Just the simple touch of tying a stocking and a large snowflake to it was the perfect, charming touch of holiday cheer.
Clearly, I’m all for moving things around in our home to make them feel new… as this mirror was also from our bedroom!
Enjoy the season, friends! Thank you to Carpet & Rug Institute for sponsoring this post. I loved learning more about carpet and affirming my decision to keep it on the upper level of our home. Follow the #beautyofcarpet conversation on social media to hear more! And… AWESOME GIVEAWAY ALERT: Visit www.beautyofcarpet.com to register for a chance to win a $250 Visa gift card! Something we could all use right now! Be sure to enter!
Shop this room…